Postville Courthouse State Historic Site
Postville Courthouse is a reproduction of Logan County’s first seat of government. Constructed in 1840, the original building until 1848 was one of the courts in which Abraham Lincoln argued cases while traveling the historic Eighth Judicial Circuit. Long after being converted to residential use, the original courthouse was purchased by Henry Ford and in 1929 moved to his Dearborn, Michigan, Greenfield Village museum. This replica was constructed in 1953 on the original site as part of the city of Lincoln’s centennial celebration.
Address: 914 5th St. Lincoln, Illinois 62656